The main advantage of SEM is that unlike most advertising forms, it doesn’t rely on interruption. Ads nowadays are literally everywhere: T.V, radio, metro signs, malls, newspapers… These techniques aim to draw attention and pass the message to people, but often fail because people are simply doing something else at the moment. On the other hand, search engines present ads, only after you’ve typed in phrases relevant to content you are actually interested in. This is an awesome opportunity for brands to attract customers, when they are most likely to engage.
Search Engine Marketing means utilizing search engines like Google, Bing or Yahoo, and others to reach directly your buyers, while Search Engine Advertising is when marketers pay to have ads appear in search engines when a user types in particular words or phrases (D. Meerman Scott, 2013). SEM may use search engine optimization (SEO), which optimizes website content to achieve a higher ranking in search engine results pages, or use pay per click (PPC) listings. The most popular Advertising platform in Greece is Google AdWords.
Google AdWords relates to bidding based on keywords and phrases and is affected by the amount of money a brand wishes to pay for each one who clicks on the ad, along with CTR (Click Through Rate).
Globe One Digital is among the most experienced marketing performance agencies and has been awarded several times for implementing successful SEM campaigns for global brands. Mr. Paris Kontoulis, Head of Search Department explains: “We aim to drive users directly to what they are really looking for: this requires sophisticated campaign optimization and commitment”.
How can you succeed? The below tips have proven extremely useful:
- Set a clear objective: AdWords is about growing sales not only awareness, so it is essential to determine the specific action you want your audience to do (call, purchase, subscribe etc).
- Include a clear call to action within your ad text and banner. Write from the customer’s perspective and target your message appropriate.
- Include negative keywords. This way, you make sure that your ad won’t appear to users who will find it irrelevant.
- Build landing pages. Simple and attractive landing pages are the best way to inform and provide to the users relevant content. Bear in mind, that they should always reflect the look, feel and tone of voice of your brand.
- Go Mobile. Smartphones are part of our everyday life, so make sure you create customize content and design for mobile campaigns.
- Test, monitor & optimize! Effective campaigns are a result of strategic optimization, so make sure you trust Google’s certified specialist to ensure that your ad is best performing.
So, are you ready to boost your brands sales? Contact us and get started!